Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Coffee Date

Since it's still the month of love, I would like to share my love story.

It was a typical, normal Sunday night when I invited her to have a coffee-date in Starbucks. But God knows how many butterflies were flying in my stomach at that moment, or should I say, bunch of ostriches running around.

Why? I'll be telling my feelings towards her. It started with frappes, some stories and cracking of jokes until I took a deep breath (and prayed to God in silence), this is it!

I have to tell you something....

I love you

….

….

….

...and bam! The world seems to stop turning, everything freezes and as if someone presses the mute on the life remote control...because all I can hear was silence!

oh men... wrong move”, that's what I told myself.

For a quick recovery, I told several stories and cracked some jokes and time passed by, it's time for me to take her home. And in my mind, “Lord, let your will be done...”.

At her apartment door, I kept on yakking and yakking and cracking some jokes just to pick myself from the pit of shame, until I noticed that she was saying something. I shut myself up to listen. Well honestly, it's quite difficult to understand because of the tricycles on the street so I moved closer until I understood what she was saying...


I love you too



And now, let's talk about our love story with God.  With the noise and distractions around us, have we tried to listen and focus to God? Or are we the type of persons that keeps on yakking and yakking and kept on doing what we used to do? How about in our prayers? Do we just ask tons of stuff from Him? My brothers and my sisters, let's pause for a moment and listen. He's telling us something...

My child....

I love you... and I miss you”



==========================================================
Source of the article: Sol Manila,Philippines
Source of the picture used: http://sparklette.net/travel/thailand/bangkok-day-1-arrival-in-bangkok/

No comments:

Post a Comment