Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Friday

March 11, 2011

“Finally!!! It's Friday!!”

I love Fridays! For the obvious reason, ofcourse... it's weekend!! wuhooo!!

On Fridays, I play and teach tricks to my puppy, Chuckie... play FrozenThrone with my nephews & niece... watch tv with my parents and cousins... and most of all, sleep for a loooooooong time!

I look forward for this day!

Or I guess not all Fridays...

To my surprise, as soon as I checked my office mail, I found out that my counterpart from another country didn't test the changes I made to a specific Datastage job! (quite techie terms huh?! Let's just say that he was instructed to test it during my off shift, but he didn't!!!)

Oh well, I'm not whiner so I decided to do it myself.

Due to the disclosure agreement I signed, I won't give the details of what happened. But just to give you an idea, I started working at 11:00 am and to my surprise, it's 12 midnight!!!!

What?!!

Such a dedicated employee huh? Hahaha!

Well to cut the long story short, I finished at 3:00 am.

What a tiring day!! I should have enjoyed my Friday night!! I should have done a lot of things at home but nooooooo! I have to stay late in the office!!

“Haaaaaayyy...”

But you know what? I'm thankful....

Why?

Because I'm still breathing while a great number of people in Japan are no longer breathing...

While being busy and preoccupied with my task; thousands of people were busy trying to save themselves...

While focusing to finish my work; a bunch of people were focusing on the ways how to survive the killer waves...

While praying that I want to leave early to get home; Japanese families were praying for their destroyed homes...

While hoping for an easy life; a lot relatives were hoping that their relatives' dead bodies would still have life...

While being grumpy over my programming problem; the entire Japan were weeping in tears of the country-wide problem...

I can go on and on and on.. but what's my point?

Pray and be thankful! Be thankful that you have such tiny and simple problems and pray for those who are suffering and can't handle theirs.

And also, join me in praying for the souls of those who died in the Japan-tsunami calamity and also for the families that have been left behind. Let's also include for the missing bodies and survivors waiting to be rescued.

God bless to everyone.

==========================================================
Source of the article: Sol Manila, Philippines
Source of the picture used: http://www.comments-hi5.com/2007/08/happy-friday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment