Friday, March 4, 2011

My Favorite White Polo-Shirt

2003

It was a hot summer day when I went to school for an enrollment.  I was wearing my white polo-shirt, oversized jeans and sandals at that time.  I like wearing comfortable attire whenever I'm out of the house.  And that white polo-shirt surely was one of my favorite shirts that I wore.

"An early bird gets the worm"

That's the saying I usually hear from other people whenever there's a tardiness issue.  And oh well, at that time, I surely got the worm alright.  I went early for the enrollment and thank God, I finished early.

So from San Beda, I decided to drop by some stores that were selling PC games before going home.  I was looking for a Counter-strike installer with the newest bot version.  (Well that was the coolest game at that time, you can't blame me. hahaha)

After buying an installer, I crossed Recto to ride a jeepney to Cubao.  Several minutes have passed and then splash!

After a blink, my favorite white polo-shirt turned into a mud-soaked brown polo-shirt.

Great!  I was standing in front of a puddle of mud and a jeepney drove past it.

SPLASH! ..then I just smiled and scratched my head while trying to dry myself up.  I rode the first public transport I saw to go home because I had a scheduled meeting with the Youth For Christ that I handled.

I decided to drop by our house first to change.  As I crossed the highway, I carefully watched every single vehicle and tried to avoid them.  I reached the center aisle and still carefully made my steps.

BANG!!!! Screeeeeech....

Just a few feet away from me, a motorcycle hit a crossing car.  As if my heart stopped beating and the world paused from rotating, I saw the entire thing happened right before my eyes!

I didn't knew what to do or what to think, but my body moved all by itself.

I ran towards the motorcycle driver to check if he's ok.  As I got there, he was somewhat covered with blood.  I don't want to touch him because he might have broken bones in sensitive areas.  The car driver came and decided to rush the guy to the nearest hospital.

We picked the driver up and carefully transferred him to the backseat of the car.  He was somewhat conscious by the way, and moved slowly to a more comfortable position.

The door closed and the car left, when I noticed that my mud-puddled designed supposedly white polo-shirt had blood marks after the accident.

Can you imagine how did I looked?

Yes?

Great!  ..because I can't find the right words to explain how I smiled at that time!  Well, not just the smile on my face...

...but the smile on my heart.


I may not be able to wear that shirt anymore, but it doesn't matter.  God has given me a better thing to wear... to wear a smile on my face and on my heart.

How about you?  Have you helped other people even it means you have to sacrifice your favorites?  ...like your schedule, time, money, talents, etc.

==========================================================
Source of the article: Sol Manila, Philippines
Source of the picture used: http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/mens-clothes/farah-vintage-white-polo-shirt.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment