Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pause For A While

March 02, 2011

It's already past 10 in the morning when I went to one of the nearest mall in my area, Robinsons Metroeast, to pay two of my credit cards.  I need to rush because my work starts at 11!


Good thing there's a lot of vacant slots in the ground parking area.  I parked my car and walked towards the side entrance of the mall.  As I crossed, the mall's public sound system played the Philippine National Anthem.

As soon as I reached the pedestrian walk area, I stopped in respect for the our national anthem.  It's quite sometime since the last time I heard the theme.  The last one was from the last full show of a movie house.

As I stopped, an old man carrying two bags of groceries(I think) stopped also and let go of his stuff on the ground.  I gave him a smile as we listened and waited for the entire theme to finish.

After the song, he picked up his grocery bags and went to his car, while I walk towards the mall entrance to pay my credit card bills.


Our country, the Philippines is enriched with culture and heritage.  Our ancestors fought and risked their lives for our freedom.  Can't we show some gratitude to what they've done and respect the symbols of their patriotism and freedom?

My challenge for you is, whenever you hear our anthem play, pause... it'll make a difference. 
==========================================================
Source of the article: Sol Manila, Philippines
Source of the picture used: http://www.philippines.de/music.html

No comments:

Post a Comment