Friday, March 4, 2011

Jamak

2010

After watching several cars passed by along the street, Zaza and I decided to have a quick light meal in Ministop (a convenience store that you find almost everywhere).

As we enter the store, a teenager boy opened the door for us.


"Thank you.", we uttered then entered to grab something to eat.

We bought a siomai meal(four pieces siomai with one serving of rice), one hotdog sandwich and a cup of instant Nissin sotanghon. (Is considered as a light meal? hahaha)

As we indulged ourselves, we noticed the teen was still standing outside and was opening the door for every single customer that enters the store.

Zaza and I gave each other the look and felt that we need to do something.

As she nodded, I stood up, went outside to talk to the boy.

"Jamak...", he answered when I asked for his name.  I asked if he has eaten already, and he just insisted that he's full.

"Wait for me..." (Hintayin mo ako...), I said.

I went back and grabbed a cup of Nissin sotanghon, a pack of cheesebread and a C2 apple drink.  After paying, I went outside and handed Jamak his food.

"Thank you so much sir..." (Maraming salamat po, sir...), he said together with a smile on his face.

I went inside and sat again with Zaza to finish our meal.

"Thank you..." and a kiss on my right cheek I received from her.

"He deserves it... let's eat?", I answered.

After eating, we threw our trash and went outside.  Jamak immediately opened the door and said, "take care of yourselves, and thank you so much..." (ingat po kayo.. maraming salamat po)

"Welcome", we answered.

After, we went to the laundry house, a few meters away, to get Zaza's stuff.  As we passed by the very same block where Ministop is located, we heard someone said in a loud voice:

"ma'am.. sir... thank you so much! Take care!" (ma'am... sir... maraming salamat po! ingat po kayo!).  It was Jamak while waving his hand.


God has blessed us with so many things.  You know why?  For us to share it.

Have you shared what you have to other people?  Specially to those who are needy?  Not yet?  I encourage you to try it... you won't regret it.

May God bless you even more, and I hope that you find the will to do an unselfish act for others.

==========================================================
Source of the article: Sol Manila, Philippines
Source of the picture used: http://bookstore.uwosh.edu/SiteText.aspx?id=1855

No comments:

Post a Comment